Tuesday, 5 July 2011

GOSH Velvet touch foundation primer

Hi Sweeties!

I have to admit i never even knew the purpose of a primer until i stumbled across the GOSH make-up stand in my local Superdrug store.
Funnily enough i had been on the search for a foundation that would last longer (or a product that would help) so i picked up the velvet touch foundation primer.



At £12.99 a bottle it isn't particularly cheap but i thought i would give it a go.
The packaging is fab. The pump action bottle is easy to use and dispenses the perfect amount of product for your face in just one pump.



The packaging is air tight resulting in it being super hygienic and making sure you can squeeze every last drop of product out so there is absolutely no waste. (always a plus!)
The product itself is a matte, clear, odourless gel with a medium-thick consistency. It glides smoothly and evenly onto the skin and absorbs easily into a matte finish while standing true to its name by leaving your skin with a velvet touch.



Both foundation and tinted moisturisers applied easily and smoothly over the primer without being patchy or streaky.
Onto staying power, I generally don't wear my make-up for much longer than 8-9 hours a day, however i do have two children to look after so my make-up has to endure fingers prodding, kisses and, as gross as it is, sweating, throughout the day. 
My foundation does sometimes go patchy across my forehead (where i generally sweat) but the rest of my face seems to hold up easily. Maybe the fact i have combination skin with an oily t-zone has something to do with it? i really couldn't say for sure.
The only downside to this product is that it doesn't contain any SPF whatsoever so you would need to make sure you have the SPF in another make-up product used that day. This isn't particularly a problem for me as my tinted moisturiser has SPF. 
Overall i think this is a fabulous product and well worth the £12.99. I have repurchased and probably will continue to do so unless i find something that blows me away.

Char
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment