Friday, 2 September 2011

E.L.F Studio matte lip colour


Being a fan of matte lips i recently picked up all four of E.L.F's new matte lip colours from their studio range during a recent sale (haul post coming soon!).
They come is four different colours: (from bottom to top) Coral, Natural, Tea rose and Praline.
Each retailing for a reasonable £3.50.



Like all the studio line, the packaging it is lovely to look at and not at all 'cheap looking', that being said the sleek look doesn't last long as it easily gets grubby with fingerprints and makeup. The end of the packaging contains a handy little sharpener to get a nice point which is great for precision application.

The formula is creamy and easy to apply gliding onto the lip without any dragging or tugging. However after a few minutes the 'creaminess' does go leaving the lip completely matte.
I didn't find this product to be particularly drying but i feel as though it does need a base of some sort such as a lip primer or chapstick.

From top to bottom: Praline, Tea rose, Natural, Coral

Colour pay of is fabulous and applies true to the colour of the nib.
It is very pigmented so no need to build the colour up and use twice the product.
Now i have to be honest, as much as i like these lip colours they don't last very long and need touching up throughout the day but maybe they would last longer with a gloss over?

Top left to right: Coral, Natural
Bottom left to right: Tea rose, Praline

Personally, the Coral and Natural are my favourites whereas the Tea rose makes me look a bit dead and the Praline, as beautiful as it is, is just a bit to daring for me.

Overall i LOVE these and hope that E.L.F are planning to release more colours for me to snap up.

What do you think of these? Do you plan to pick one up or do you already have one?

At £3.50 a pop it's worth a shot!

Char
xxx


7 comments:

  1. I often overlook E.L.F.'s Matte Lipcolors just because I thought they'd look a tad too chalky on the lips, but you've convinced me I need these in my collection!

    I have six of their studio blushes (they're fab, pick some up if you haven't already!) and I also notice that the nice packaging always seems to pick up those tricky fingerprints!

    I look forward to reading your haul post :) xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad this post helped you!

    I have a couple of the blushes, candid coral is my fave.

    Haul post is already up :)

    Char xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. where can i get my hands on these beauties? i love them all but would need to try them.

    love the posts!!

    jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. great swatches! im really not sure which shade will suit me best:s check out my post about them; www.themake-upcounter.blogspot.co.uk :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you mentioned a haul post coming soon but I can't find it on your blog, can you post a link please?:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. great review- thanks for giving pictures of them on the lips too!!

    ReplyDelete