Monday, 10 October 2011

Carmine Beauty Box October 2011


Beauty Boxes are definitely the latest trend to sweep across the beauty world and the latest one to hit the market is Carmine
Honestly i'm a bit bored of seeing beauty boxes but i found out about the box just as it was about to launch so i thought i would give it ago in hope that their first ever box would be made to impress.
This box, like the GlossyBox and many others, costs £10 plus £2.95 p+p. However Carmine have tried to have the edge over other beauty boxes by offering an online experience where you can interact with other beauty lovers. 

On first impressions, the shipping box is a bit to garish for my personal taste and doesn't really say 'Beauty products' to me. However on the plus side it's definitely not going to get lost at the post office with that bright tangerine box and 'in your face' branding.


Once you've opened the shipping box you are greeted with a much sleeker, more classic, high quality box with the Carmine logo on top. I'm not a big fan of the logo at all and as sad as it sounds i was a bit disappointed to see my box had air bubbles, makes it look a bit 'used' already, booo!


Inside the box was the usual info card and tissue paper tied with grosgrain ribbon. I'm a bit bored of everybody using these details now, would be nice to see somebody come up with something different. The box interior is bright neon green with the Carmine logo printed all over. Again, makes it seem a bit tacky to me.



Now, onto the best bit, the contents!
Buried within the red crinkled paper shreds were 5 generously sized samples.


Trind Nail Repair Natural (Full Size). A Clear nail polish which claims to strengthen and protect your nails. I was quite excited to see this in my box, as lately i have been really into nail art and between removing and re-applying nail polish i have noticed my nails aren't quite as healthy and strong as i would like them to be.



Balance Me super moisturising hand cream. An award winning 98.8% natural hand cream which, granted smells like something my Grandma would love, but i still think it smells divine.
I have recently had some super dry patches on two of my finger (i think it may be a spot of eczema!) so this was another pleasant surprise.
I have tried this out a few times and it really is doing the trick for me!


Daniel Sandler Eye Delight in Peach (Full Size). A loose, peachy gold eyeshadow. Applies nicely and blends well. Luckily, this is a shade i will use as i love Peaches and Golds, especially for Autumn.


Caudalie Quenching Sorbet-Creme. A lovely lightweight cream which refreshes and hydrates the skin. This absorbs nicely into the skin and smells fab, can;t wait to use this a bit more.


The Balm Fratboy all in one shadow/blush (Full Size). Now first off, it does say its a shadow/blush but personally i would never use this as an e/s.
 Love the packaging of this item, very 'Benefit-esque'. It is quite a pigmented Pinky- rose colour with a dash of peach. Applies a little powdery but once blended onto the skin looks lovely and can imagine this would suit a wide range of skin tones.

All in all i am pretty pleased with my box.
 I love the fact there are two make up samples in this box as those along with nail products are really the main reason i subscribe. (if anybody knows of any beauty boxes catered to make up and nails only then let me know!) Plus, 3 out of the 5 products were full size this month (SCORE!) and the other two were very generous samples.

Honestly, although i love all of the products in this box and will certainly be using every one of them, i am still a little on the fence about keeping my subscription as well as GlossyBox. I really can't justify receiving two boxes a month, i need to choose one and stick to it or chop and change and risk missing out on the good stuff.
I will be keeping my Carmine subscription for another month before choosing which i prefer, until then i get goodies galore!

What do you think of Carmine on first impressions? Something you may be interested in?


Char
xxx

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! The products look fab! Especially the Daniel Sandler Peach Eye Shadow!
    George | frecklie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think, like you, I've seen too many subscription boxes in the past couple months! While the samples here look great, I'd love to see one catered specifically to makeup/nail products and one that was a bit more interestingly designed. Really don't like the packaging of this but I guess it's what's on the inside that counts! Some good things, but I think it's a good idea to wait and see what they come up with next before deciding whether or not to keep subscribing.
    S x

    ReplyDelete
  3. good review! looks great! A bit pricey for me though :/

    http://lucys-cute-crazed-life.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seonaid, i totally agree, if a new beauty box came out with a completely different design rather than the box with tissue paper and ribbon, i may be more inclined to test it out. The colour scheme on the Carmine box is awful and the box is a pain in the bum to open so i doubt i will be re-using!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you got Frat Boy, it looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i subs to this just too get frat boy and the nail item aha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great box!! I'm tempted to subscribe.

    ReplyDelete