Friday, 24 February 2012

Nicki Minaj For MAC- Viva Glam Nicki


I'm back with another Nicki Minaj post! Nicki Minaj has recently teamed up with MAC as part of their Viva Glam range which helps raise awareness and raise money for HIV/AIDS. The whole £13.50 from each lipstick bought goes towards helping Men, woman and children everywhere suffering with HIV and AIDS.

Viva Glam Nicki is a bright warm pink with yellow undertones in a satin finish. Personally I would say this is verging on being a neon pink, similar, brightness wise, to Costa Chic (a bright light coral).
Imagine Nicki Minaj in your head, see the colour you imagine on her lips? the bright neon pink? Yeah?
That's what this lipstick is!

On first sight of this product i was a bit scared, although i own a couple of brighter shades i don't often wear them and they lay neglected in my drawer out of fear (shame really!), but nevertheless i gave it a go and actually really like it! It's a lot more of a wearable bright shade than i imagined and I can't wait to wear this in Summer with light wash denim and maxi dresses!

Will you be picking up the latest addition to the Viva Glam range or has the colour scared you off?
If this lipstick doesn't appeal to you but you would still like to help the cause while also feeding your cosmetic addiction, there are plenty of other shades in the permanent Viva Glam collection here.

Char
xxx

19 comments:

  1. this looks like a gorgeous colour! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I love this colour, the packaging is cute too!

    Also, I just thought I'd let you know I'm giving away a Clarisonic Mia on my blog! I'd love it if you could check it out on my blog. You can gain up to 10 entries! Here’s a link xx
    http://daisy--meadow.blogspot.com/2012/02/giveaway-clarisonic-mia.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really pretty and literally screams Nicki Minaj!

    http://www.sandra-thepuzzleofmylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. As much as I HATE Nicki Minaj, (I prefer not to explain why, I do think one can understand) this color looks amazing and your blog design is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm intrigued as to why you hate her but it is a pretty amazing colour nevertheless

      Delete
  5. I tagged you! http://justtiffeny.blogspot.com/2012/02/11-questions-tag-2.html xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. WoOoOo I was your 300th follower . . . thought I'd just point that out : ]

    I love this lippy , I got mine last week but still haven't used it . . . looks super cute . Gonna be a great one for the summer !

    bonjourbeaut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks gorgeous!!!
    Check out my massive 200 follower giveaway:
    http://allthingsbeautymake-upandshopping.blogspot.com/2012/02/massive-200-follower-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I'm the same I get the fear when It comes to wearing bright lipsticks. Saying that I really liked this when a MUA applied it on counter. It looked so pretty so of course I caved and bought it. I'm glad I did though xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You bought it in store? i thought they weren't launching it until March?!

      Delete
  9. love it, its very nicki minaj haha! new follower :)

    www.the-ant-ler.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like a gorgeous colour on you! I love the packaging to :)

    ReplyDelete