Thursday, 16 February 2012

Nicki Minaj OPI Collection


As you may (or may not) already know the latest celebrity to launch a collection with OPI was the fabulous Nicki Minaj. 
When i found out she had collaborated with OPI i simply KNEW i would have to pick something up from the collection. 
Once i saw the colour range it was pretty easy to decide which ones i wanted and which weren't really for me. I went for the three more 'girly' ones, 'Metallic 4 Life', 'Pink Friday' and 'Save Me'.

'Metallic 4 Life' is a black base utterly packed full of large hexagonal and small round/square silver glitter. It is fairly thick however it's easy to apply and i only needed two coats to create an opaque finish. I may use a plain black base in future as it will make things a bit quicker and save on the pretty glitter! I really love this one, it reminded me of Revlons 'Facets of fuschia' but obviously with silver, what do you think?!

'Pink Friday' was the polish i was most excited to receive, a lovely creamy bubblegum pink. 
I've really been into pinks lately which is a bit surprising, i've never been much of a pink girl but i can' get enough of it now. Maybe i'm saving up for lost time? Who knows...
Anyway, this applies really well, slightly thick but it applies smoothly and i only needed two coats. There are probably plenty of dupes for this colour but i love the connection it has to Nicki Minaj (sucker for a good celebrity endorsement!) Have worn this almost continuously since i got it, will be sad when it's gone.

Finally 'Save Me'. A clear base packed with small silver glitter mixed with long, blue and holographic oblong glitters. I had seen so many people raving about this so was expecting something great but unfortunately, for me, it didn't live up to the hype. Don't get me wrong, it is a lovely polish but the bars of blue and holographic glitter remind me of fur (is that weird?) when applied by itself so i would probably only use this over another polish like in the last picture. 
Again, this was pretty thick to apply but what do you expect from a polish filled with glitter? I used three coats to create an opaque look.

The collection also includes 'Did it on 'Em' (A yellow toned lime green colour), 'Fly' (A true teal) and 'Super Bass' (A glitter magenta shatter).

All in all i really liked this collection and was super happy with my choices. Maybe it's because i love Nicki Minaj or maybe i'm just a tiny bit in love with nail polish?
Probably both if we're honest.

Have you picked up any of this collection? Which one caught your eye the most?

Char
xxx

10 comments:

  1. I really like the look of Pink Friday, I'm very tempted to buy it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do! it's such a perfect pink, you will love it! x

      Delete
  2. Wow jealous of the metallic 4 life. I think I NEED this haha!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. save me is so pretty!!!!!
    http://vmjeheart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so amazing, I love the look of Pink Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. my favourite shade from the nicki minaj set would probably be the turqouise one, its soo pretty!xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely colour, just not something i would wear x

      Delete
  6. These are so pretty! I also love nicki minaj so that and being OPI is so good :)

    fashioncrossing.com

    ReplyDelete