Everybody and their dog use their old beauty boxes for storage of make up, nail polish, jewellery etc and that is exactly what i had been doing. But let's face it, when you have a tonne of boxes piled up on top of each other it doesn't look that great so i did a bit of hard researching (or maybe i just googled...) of ways to re-use beauty boxes and came across this blog post. I needed to give it a go for myself.
What you will need:
- 4 beauty boxes
- Glue of some sort, i used a hot glue gun
- First of all take 2 lids and cut one of the longer sides of each, these will be the sides for your drawers. (Pic. 3)
- Next take one of the boxes and cut off all of the sides leaving you with just the base. (Pic. 6)
- Glue the two sides (made in step 1) to the base (made in step 2) which will leave you with something that looks like picture 7.
- Now take another lid and cut off the two shorter sides and trim half of the longer sides. This will act as the backing for your drawers. (Pic. 9)
- Glue the backing (made in step 4) to the rest of the structure created in step 3. You should have something that looks like picture 10.
- Take the final lid and glue it to the top of the structure. (Pic. 11)
- Slide all of the remaining boxes in to create your drawers. (Pic. 12)
- Finally use your ribbon to decorate your drawers, hide any rough edges where you have cut the box and create little loops to use as handles to open the drawers.
My drawers seem to be quite stiff and tightly fitted at the moment so i need to figure out how to sort that out but apart from that i really love the outcome of this little project, the drawers look so much cuter than a pile of boxes after all.
What do you think? Will you be trying this for yourself?